Video is a versatile and engaging content form that is easily accessible and it’s also easy to share across multiple platforms. Videos are the most convenient form of communication in the current digital era of social media and YouTube. Consumers like it because it’s easy to understand, entertaining and engaging, and marketers like it because it can give a potentially huge return on investment through many channels.
Every company or individual comes up with a video but, creating videos with a purpose is what makes a product or service sell. Videos can be effective when they communicate the right message and invoke the interest of the viewers in taking a call to action. With the rise of Digital Technology, has emerged the growth of various video production services like animation videos, music videos, short films, infographics, and corporate videos.
What is a corporate video?
A corporate video is a high-quality video produced by a company or organization telling their brand’s story which is viewed by a limited group of a targeted audience. There is a purpose essayed towards a corporate video. It can be for a product, service, training of employees, promotional videos, demos or information. Today, the vast majority of corporate video content is hosted online and is published on the company’s website page and distributed through social media or email marketing. It communicates the message to the core selling demographics or internal employees.
How to create a strategy?
- Setting goals – Having a specific goal, specific content and a specific call-to-action helps in the long run. Mostly, companies have multiple goals in mind but having specificity helps the audience resonate with the company better. As you accumulate this list of what messages you need to convey, start to also identify who your intended audience is for each message, how that message needs to reach them, and how success will be measured.
- Research – Extensive market research enables the company to understand consumer behavior and preferences. This includes understanding their likes, dislikes, needs and wants that the content must fulfill, preferred media consumption channel, etc. Also, the tone and message of the video must be researched and analyzed by the company. This helps to decipher whether the video must be informative, humorous, and authoritative or a mixture of all three.
- Creating content – Video content creation is creative as well as a strategic process. Key importance must be given to enhancing the brand image as well as consider using corporate video production for important milestone events, charity galas or awards ceremonies. Playing an emotional or inspiring video at these events is ideal, but also film the events and release content afterward with press releases, video newsletters or as an annual report to investors, stakeholders or clients.
- Production value – The production value matters a lot when it comes to general appeal as well as the quality of content. It doesn’t have to be extravagant but if you want corporate videos that will have an effective impact, you need to invest in them like any other marketing measure or company initiative.
- Communication channel – Along with identifying your goals, initiatives and key filming opportunities you’ll also want to consider how each piece of video content will reach your intended audience. Television broadcast, websites or landing pages, emails, YouTube, Facebook and Instagram, mobile apps, even physical DVDs for training are some of the tools and mediums which can be used. An ideal strategy includes most of these resources effectively.
- Post-production analysis – Analyzing the results of your video content is one of the most important things you can do. The company must have a system to measure the success of a video after its release.
Importance and Benefits
- Educating – Marketers in many fields need to approach audiences with a value-based offer instead of a “sale.” This includes educating the consumers of the company’s core beliefs, goals, and vision in a way that engages and entertains them. Videos excel at giving customers a really up-close look at a product, service, or even an influencer or teacher.
- Search Engine Optimization – Search engines prefer videos as they are high-quality content. Therefore, using videos in various types of content as well as on your main web pages can work wonders for your SEO — as long as the videos themselves are optimized properly as well. This drives more traffic and in turn, increases sales.
- Competitive – “81 % of businesses are now using video for marketing.” (Hubspot) Videos are extremely popular when it comes to conveying all sorts of messages and also prove to be an intimate form of communication as it speaks directly to the consumer. A unique explainer video can do a world of difference when it comes to educating people on the ins and outs of your particular product. Using storytelling and unique types of media, you can easily catch people’s attention and hold it while they’re actually entertained.